Thursday, October 7, 2010

What Happened To Me???? - Part Two

Scott and I went to Minnesota this past weekend and we brought Owen home a Joe Mauer Twins Jersey.  He is a huge Twins fan and doesn't have a jersey.  Joe Mauer is also who he wants to be for Halloween.  So we gave him his jersey Monday night when we got home and of course he wanted to wear it to school on Tuesday.  Tuesday night I looked at the calendar and saw it was picture day the next day, Wednesday.

(This year I decided since I never put out their school pictures because the backgrounds are so cheesy, etc. that I would let them choose what they want to wear for their pictures.)

So of course he wants to wear his Twins jersey for his picture but that means TWO days in a row.  I was thinking I can't do that, his teacher will think I'm the worst mom, etc.  After some mulling it over I decide who cares, I'll let him.  Well when I picked him up from school on Wednesday he said, "Mom, it's weird because they didn't even take my picture today."  I went home and looked at the note from school again and realized that I had put it in my calendar wrong and picture day was Thursday.  So Owen wore his Twins jersey THREE days in a row!!!  I really can't believe I've gotten to this point.  I swore up and down I would never be one of those mom yet here I am!  And the strange thing is it feels kind-of nice to not care!  And he does look cute in his favorite jersey!

1 comment:

  1. What happened to you?? I can't be friends with you now - you should just stay in Ohio because I can't let Owen's fashion sensibility rub off on Cal - haha - you're awesome!

    ReplyDelete