Saturday, October 9, 2010

Ohio State Football

So I didn't know this until I moved here but Ohio is a BIG football state.  Actually, sports are huge here in general.  Since we moved here, Scott has been saying we have to go see an Ohio State football game before we move.  Since this is probably our last Fall here, we decided to do it.

We dropped Addie off at a friends house and headed up.  We got there a few hours early to walk around.  Before each game the band performs at a sort-of pep rally.  We went to watch them and they really are pretty amazing.  Then we walked around and the kids played on blow-up things and games outside the stadium.

It was so fun being at a college sport again, especially one where everyone gets so into it.  I loved seeing all the people tailgating.  It brought back so many great memories of the UGA games with Dad.  How we'd get up and leave the house before the sun came up to get "his spot".  Then he'd set-up this elaborate picnic area and we'd all run off to walk around campus, student center and bookstore.  I LOVED those Saturdays.  I know it was a lot of work for my Dad but those are some of my best memories of growing up.

We all had a great time!

 The band performing the Script Ohio.  They are famous for this and I can see why, it was amazing watching the way they form into Ohio.





No comments:

Post a Comment