Sunday, January 24, 2010

Girls Trip to St. George







We had our second Grove Girls reunion trip in January. This is a reunion with friends that all met in Minnesota. Everyone was there this year me, Carey Baldwin, Jacey Davis, Chelsea Wood, Tricia Baird, Jane Anderson, Rebecca Vanden Akker and even Sarah Caine came over from Switzerland! It was the greatest!


I know as I look back on my life, some of my best memories will be of the time when we all lived in Minnesota together. We all came to Minnesota for our husbands jobs and didn't have any family. We quickly became each others family. We used to meet at the park for the kids to play and us to chat all the time. We did playgroups, Sunday walks on the trails, bike rides, dinner groups, babysitting swaps, General Conference breakfasts, celebrated many holidays, visits to the hospital when babies were born, girls nights, marathons, half-marathons, tri-athalons, many meetings at the gym, shopping trips, painting each others houses, taking each other dinners, serving each other and on and on.

This year we met and Rebecca's parents house in St. George. It was perfect we came in on Thursday and left on Sunday. We got facials, worked out, went on a hike, went to church, did a little shopping, ate some good food, and talked and talked and laughed and laughed and cried and laughed and talked some more. It is so rejuvinating because with these girls because I love and respect them all so much and it's such a great place to talk and get advice. I really hope we keep up this tradition! I love my Grove Girls!!

No comments:

Post a Comment